Maps and travel guides
The SultansTrail Foundation draws maps (scale 1:50.000) of every country along the route.You can order them at our webshop.
– Austria:various maps available, the Austrian stretch is also described in print including historical background and GPX-coordinates..
– Slowakia: various maps available.
– Hongary: travel book stores, like Piéd a Terre ( Amsterdam ), sell booklets of the so-called Blue Route and various maps
– Croatia: under development
– Serbia: bicycle maps of the Danube route (Vienna, Bratislava, Budapest, Novi Sad and Belgrade to Smederevo )
available through www.danube-info.org.
– Romania: under development.
– Bulgaria: Outdoorstore Stenata right in the heart of Sofia (5 Miladinovi str.) sells maps of the mountain ranges : Rila, Pirin en Rodopi. These maps are also sold in some Dutch travel book stores. See webpage for the interactive map of Bulgaria interactive map of Bulgaria
– Turky: Maps of the daily stages are printed in the SultansTrail guidebook for Turkey.